- Article: Mildew Smell Carpet
Mildew Smell Carpet
Water damage on carpet by leakage or by anything else can leave your carpet with a smelly mildew odor on the carpet even after the mold damage is removed. The musty odor in carpet shows mildew growth and mold that grows in humidity and damp so the musty odor may be the result of excess moisture on your carpet. To keep the carpet clean and dry is the best option to prevent the musty smell but once the smell is there you will have to remove the mold or mildew. You should call the professional cleaner if your efforts are not working. This is also a fact that mold or mildew smell carpet can create health related problem.
Get Rid of Mildew Smell in Carpet- There are some instructions following that you can rectify your mildew smell carpet.
- Vacuum the carpet properly to remove maximum quantity of mildew. Then replace the vacuum bag or you can clean the container outside your home to prevent mold in your home.
- Mix 2 cup of water with 1 tbsp of liquid laundry detergent and stir it for creating thick solution.
- Wipe the visible mildew stains with this liquid and sponge until the mildew is removed. Rinse the carpet or affected area with water and dry it as much as possible.
- Use shampoo on the entire carpet with an electric carpet washing machine to clean areas of mildew which you can’t see.
- Call a professional cleaner is still any musty odor remains.
Remove Mildew Smell from Carpet- Mildew smell carpet is a serious problem as it may create serious health related issues. If your floor is wet or moist you need to take rapid essential action. See the inner area of carpet or pad whether its wet or not. Remove the carpet pad and carpet if it’s wet from inside and make sure to dry the floor of that area. It should be professionally cleaned if the carpet is excessively damaged.
How to Get Mildew Smell Out of Carpet- After the mildew is removed from the carpet, there should be several steps to be taken to remove mildew odor-
- Fold a towel and put it to soak up the moisture on the area of carpet which is causing odor. Apply some heavy pressure on the towel to blot the moisture. Give it some time.
- Vacuum over the dry area of the odor to remove any smell or mildew. Be sure all debris and dust are removed.
Take ¼ cup of water and 2 cups of detergent. Shake it and spray over the carpet. Leave it for 5minutes then dry the area with a dry new towel.